January 14, 2008

FIRST RACE INVITATION RECIEVED.

Hi all just before I post my first couple of weeks training I just wanted to let you all know that the good folks from the Rockman Tri (just outside Chicago) have invited me to race thier half iron in June.I figure that this race will give the Athletes in Kind ride across Canada a big kick start so I wll be there to race on June 8th.It does add a few hundred miles to my trip and my 2008 adventure will begin at Rockman before riding to Quebec for the World Double Iron four weeks later.Apart from a dose fo the flu all is going well in the first two weeks of my 2008 training.It was a shock to get out and ride so slowly and particularly to struggle up some hills that I normally find easy but I'm sure it will all come together.I have been asked to post a pic of my fat body in "before" mode for you all to laugh at and I will get around to that.It should be quite interesting to see how long it takes to get rid of the five extra inches I have accumulated around my waist since October.So far it's all pretty much go slowly and try not to get injured.Stay tuned.

1 comment:

dbarstis said...

We are about 90 miles from Chicago. You have a place to stay if you are passing through!


DAY ONE-HALIFAX